Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Cards

 Hi Peeps!  Its been a busy season for all of us, but now that things are settling down, I have time to show you the cards that I made and gave out over the holidays.  I wanted to see what it was like to make a wreath out of snowflakes.  It was not easy, but fun!  There's only one Whimsy product on this card, that's the snowflake on the bottom left and top right, which is actually the only die that I have ever designed for them.  It is found HERE.  The wreath consisted of snowflakes from 2 different Martha Stewart punches.  I dipped the punched out snowflakes in DecoArt Snow-Tex, then sprinkled them with sparkles. 
 I had never made a white-on-white card before and wanted to give it a try.  I had always thought they looked so stunning.  I found that the key was to vary the white papers, so that some were stark white, and others, slightly off-white-cream, and also I varied the texture of those papers too.  It also helped to add sparkle and shine,which this card has a lot of, but the photo doesn't portray. Sentiment was heat embossed in silver.  It can be found in this set HERE.  Also used the Vines Die Set found HERE.
 Now the following tree cards were almost a complete CASE of Margret Mifsud's card found on her blog HERE. She has some stunning creations that inspired me so much this year. 





This is another CASE of one of Margret's cards found on her blog HERE.  I made six of these, all with slightly different papers but all in the red and green colour palette.  
Thanks for stopping by today, and, Happy New Year, everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Crissy, These are such stunning Cards !!! I can´t tell wich one´s my fav --- Thea all wonderfull!!!

    Hope you and your lovelies had a great new start in 2014,
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Crissy your cards are gorgeous!!! I am so thrilled that you got some of your inspiration from my blog!! Thank you for the wonderful compliment!! I love your work!! ox

    ReplyDelete