Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blog candy offer, two b-day cards for guys


This is a card I made for hubby Mike. Ace is his favorite dragon. I'm still in the experimental stages with Copic markers and I'm not always sure what to do in the background. But they are faster to use than watercoloring or using Prismas, that is for sure.

This one is for Mike's brother whose birthday is coming up fast. I think he will like Ace too. I'm still practicing also with the sponged backgrounds as seen in Jeanne's tutorial. Both cards are kept fairly simple (no flowery embellishments) because they are for guys!
The High Hopes Hop is on again today! Click on the Diva's blogs as listed in the right side bar to play along and find out who is offering some yummy blog candy today!
Thanks for looking today! I pray God's blessings on you!

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Chrissy, your coloring skills are out of this world regardless what medium you use...fabulous card, both of them!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Crissy!!! You're doing great with your sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards! I love the coloring in both. I'm a big fan of copics because I love how bold, bright, and strong their colors are, but I also love the sponged background of the second card. Great job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!...As usual. I love how the same image can look totally different just by using different colors! Ace is perfect for boy cards.
    ~Lacey Stephens

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice Crissy! I completely agree with the copic statement- faster but I don't prefer them for bg work. Your coloring of the image is great and I love the way you "tied" the image on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crissy,

    Congratulations on blogging!!!! I am fairly new to the concept myself. Your blog looks terrific, but your coloring is absolutely awe-inspiring!!!! A true gift from God!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute cards, and how different the 2 cards look using different colours, thank you for visiting my blog, I think your header is adorable!
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Ace. The background looks great. YOu are going to be a pro with those copics in no time. The Ace you sent me with copics is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just made a card using "Ace", I like the way you've colored him. My blending didn't turn out as well as I'd liked. I'll keep working on it!

    I just discovered your blog after you left a comment on my Reindeer Games card on SCS. Into my fav's you go! Love it!

    ReplyDelete